Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mama's boy!!!

When Andres was a baby he was very good at not preferring one parent over the other.
Perhaps that was one of the perks of not being able to breastfeed.
(Although I'm hoping I produce enough milk for Baby E).
At around 18+ months or so, Andres only wanted to be with his Papa.
It was like Mama who once Oshin was in plain sight.
Now at 28 months old, Andres is only wanting to be with me, his Mama, literally 24/7.
And I'm currently having a love/hate relationship with this.

I love that my son needs me, wants me to help him, chooses me as a playmate, and wants me to console him.
I love it!!! 
But I don't enjoy it, when he gets furiously mad when I have to leave his sight for a minute or two to go to the bathroom, take a shower, clean house, cook, etc.
He literally flips out!!
Most of the time, he doesn't care if I play cars with him or not, he just wants me sitting next to him.
Same goes for watching TV; he wants me sitting right next to him or he can not or will not enjoy his show.

What gives?

Again, I love that my child loves me and wants me, but there has to be a healthy medium right??

Oshin calls him a Mama's boy (not to his face, but to me) and feels left out.

Andres listens to me more and not him.
He randomly gives me hugs & kisses and not him.
He knows what he can't get away with, with me.
And let me tell you, this boy has already figured out when I say NO, to go to Papa. Oshin & I are seriously working on this; he just wants to be the cool dad and wants Andres to like him.
(It's cute and sad at the same time).

I need help.
I don't want Andres to disregard his dad.
I want them to have a special bond too.
There has to be a healthy medium, like I said before, but how??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d