Then of course, I get, "Why does he always get so sick" from him and my sister.
Ummm... Gee, I don't know!! Maybe because he's a toddler!!
I hate when people tell me that. I seriously HATE it!!
It makes my blood boil, because subconsciously they must be telling me I'm a dirty person
and am not on top of my child's well being.
He'd been doing really well the entire summer.
Then BAM strep throat!!
I've been struggling with sinus/allergy complications the entire weekend, which resulted in a cold & loosing my voice, while Andres got strep.
(Thankfully my strep test came back negative).
Oh the past few days have been difficult!
My toddler tends to disregard his illness during the day.
One moment he is running, jumping, and whining to play outside.
The next moment he's fussy & sickly.
(I really wish I had his stamina, 103 fever and running around like nothing).
But night time is ALWAYS the worse, which means no sleeping for Mama and child.
Plus, I've had to deal with a strong willed/tempered child who REFUSES to take his antibiotics and other medicines to keep his temperature down or eat & drink fluids.
And I fought with him. He fought harder.
I tried every trick in the book, holding his feet and arms, etc, etc.
The boy is strong!!
I tried to be sneaky and mix it amongst chocolate milk (which he rarely gets to drink), pure juice (another rarity), and apple sauce, but he still refused.
So, with a temperature of 103.9, I was forced to take him to the Children's Emergency Room.
They gave him two antibiotic injections, sans penicillin, since he is allergic, and another prescription of oral antibiotics that do not smell or taste like rotten fish, so I've been told.
I finally got six hours of uninterrupted sleep last night, which means we are on the path to full recovery.
My cold/sinus/allergies just seems to drag along, because my son's health is more important than my own.
A mother does not get sick days. She has to suck it up and continue going.
But I love my boy and will do anything and everything for him.
And it's time for me to deep clean & disinfect this house top to bottom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns