Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bring it 30

In about a month, I will be 30 years old.
Image Google 
I will bid farewell to my 20's and enter a new decade.

For the longest time, I was afraid to turn thirty.

Well, I am no longer afraid, but relieved.
It kind of feels like New Year's, "out with the old, in with the new." 
The only thing I seem to dread are all the 'perks' of aging.

I'm happy that I no longer see the naive, selfish, petty, little girl in the mirror, that I once was.
(And thank goodness for that).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my 20's.
(Perhaps a little TOO much).

Oh the things that I've seen and been through!!!

I've lived & learned and made my fair share of mistakes.
Many many many mistakes.

I've done things that I'm proud of and
other things I'm NOT so proud of.

I've trusted people I shouldn't have.
Done things without thinking of the consequences.
And always put MY wants/needs before anyone else.

At times I wish I could take a few things back,
but then, I realize that without my past I would not be where or who I currently am.

I love the person I have become and am so far.
I really do!!!
People will either love me or hate me for it, but I could care less.
I really think this is one of the greatest things about getting older,
you become more confident and you stop caring about what people think or say about you.
(Ahhh... sigh of relief).

While I do have flaws, I know I'm  a constant work in progress.
(So I can only imagine how much I'll love my improved self at age 40, 50, or 60).

This past decade has taught me a lot about myself & others.

I'm so ready to experience & write the next chapter of my life.

Bring it 30!!!

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." ~ Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d