Monday, July 25, 2011

So we baked Pink Lemonade-lime Cupcakes

I have a little helper on my hands!!

Andres loves helping out around the house: unloading the dishwasher, loading and unloading the washer/dryer, cooking, baking, helping Papa with the car, throwing away his dirty diapers, you name it.

So, I decided to have a baking day with him yesterday.

Andres & I made some Pink Lemonade Cupcakes compliments of Gina's Skinny Recipes.
(I absolutely love her blog & recipes!! My sister and I are currently only using her recipes).

Ingredients:
  • 18.25 oz box confetti cake mix *We used Pillsbury Funfetti box.
  • 2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • lemon zest from half of a lemon *We used lime zest from half of a lime, since I had no lemon on hand.
  • 2 drops pink food coloring (optional)  *We used 2 drops of red food coloring.
  • confetti sprinkles, (optional) *We used Pillsbury Funfetti Vanilla frosting with sprinkles. Of course that adds to the caloric value and WW points. 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.
Stir 
together the water and pink lemonade powder.  Combine the cake mix, pink lemonade mixture, applesauce, lemon zest, food coloring and oil in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. 

Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans.  
Add sprinkles if using and bake in the oven for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. (We did not put the sprinkles inside). 
Cool completely on wire racks before icing & serving.
I've never had the original cupcakes, but ours turned out really good.
There was a tart kick at the end, but yummy nonetheless.
(I'm sure with lemon zest it would not have been as tart).
We both had a great time making these fun summer treats!! 
About 20 minutes later, we were ready for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d