Thursday, May 26, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursday- Bath time routine

Welcome to Week 40 of Toddler Talk Thursday! 

Where Family and Life in Las Vegas, Crazy About My Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom  talk all things toddler!!! 



This is my 5th week of Toddler Talk Thursday. (I've been out of the blogging loop for a bit, due to pregnancy #2).

Crazy About My Baybah

This week's topic is:
What is your toddlers bath time routine?


Andres loves bath time!! As I'm getting his bath water ready he's already taking off his socks or pants, eager to get in the tub. 

He loves splashing water, playing with the bubbles, and his toys. I'll read him his Elmo bath time book, we'll work on some colors, numbers, and letters (his name in particular). He even likes to pour water or try drinking (clean) water from one of his toy cups. (A friend of mine told me she taught her kids to drink from a regular cup in the bath tub, so I'm trying it as well).  


Andres does NOT like when I pour water on him to take the soap off. Not at all!!! He squirms and whines a little. I always remind him that the soap will not hurt him and to just close his eyes & mouth. (I think he's more afraid of the soap, not the water). He's ok with me pouring water on him in the beginning, sans soap. 


Once he's clean, I'll leave him alone for a few minutes, while I get his pj's and stuff ready in the play room.


He gets to watch one of his favorite dvd's while I put lotion on, clean his ears/nose, brush his teeth, put diaper & pj's on. (I do this so his is not too squirmy). 


It works for us. 

Next week's topic idea: Is your toddler talking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d