Hip hip hooray!!
I have to admit, I had a fairly uncomplicated 1st Trimester.
Beside the fact that I've had to go to the doctor (practically) every week, gestational diabetes, and have had several ultrasounds to check baby and my cervix/ovaries.
My energy finally returned around 10 weeks. At times, I even forget I'm pregnant; but come 5 p.m. my body likes to remind me that I AM PREGNANT. I'm exhausted!!
I'm also starting to have some wild & crazy dreams. The latest dream has me terrified of giving birth. Although, giving birth to Andres was a breeze. It only took me 30 minutes to push him out. It's the labor, on the other hand, that was a pain in the a$$.
The heartburn has also started to kick in. (Sigh). I had heartburn my entire pregnancy with Andres. (Nexium was my best friend). Hopefully, it doesn't get worse.
We're really getting excited about having another baby at home. The newborn smell, the little baby cries & coos, the tiny onesies & diapers.
BUT, we're also a little nervous about adjusting with two children.
Andres is a busy & curious 25 month old. He's testing waters and trying new stunts. The boy definitely keeps us on our toes. In the midst of this, I keep reminding myself to cherish one on one time with him, as much as possible. I want him to know that Mama loves him "to infinity and beyond" and I always will, no matter what. I just hope he adjusts well to the new baby.
Sometimes, I watch him sleeping at night and think, "Will I love this baby as much as I love him?" I love Andres so much, does my heart have room to love even more? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think of things like that. (Hormones, I suppose).
Here's to the next Trimester!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns