Monday, May 30, 2011

Acne, potatoes, then the remote

Pregnancy & hormones go together like "a horse and carriage." 

This pregnant woman (yes, me) and her hormones have been going out of control lately.
It's a little scary.

First, it was just the hormones causing my face to break out like a 14 year old girl.
(The sad thing is, my face was never like this, even at 14).

I've always seemed to be blessed with a great complexion and skin. My pregnancy with Andres only made my skin better. I had this glow the entire time. Pimples are rare were rare for me.

But what can you do but deal with it. Right?

The end result is totally worth it.

Now... hormones are also making me act like a crazy psycho woman!!  (I'm talking rage, over insignificant things).

Yesterday, I flipped out over potatoes!!

We were having a BBQ at 6 p.m. It was 4:30. I was about to make potato salad, but ran out of potatoes. I was set on having some of my homemade potato salad, even though I should stay far far away from them.  (But moderation is the key).

I tell Oshin we need potatoes and he REFUSED to go get some for me.

I was irate!!

So irate, that I threw the remote control at him. (Which I regret so much. I feel awful about it now).
photo source
I'm not like that. I don't throw things or get so angry that I feel the need to throw things or hit.
Really. I'm not.
Oshin and I don't fight. We have heated discussions/debates, but do not fight. 

Well, I finally got my potatoes!
He asked the next door neighbor, who was having a baby shower. (Ironic, I think).
Had he just got me the potatoes, instead of saying NO, this could have been avoided. (This is the psycho woman's logic).

Kind of.

Today, I got angry over my lunch not being on a whole wheat baguette. He used wheat sandwich bread, instead of my wheat baguette.

why?

Why??

WHY???

Oshin knows that this psycho crazy woman is due to the hormones.
He knows!!
But telling the hormones to chill out doesn't calm them down.

NO!!
It only pi$$es them off a little more.

I'm not justifying my behavior.
Nope. Not at all.
I HATE being like this!!

But in the moment of my rage, my primary goal is to get what I want.

Call me selfish, but while I'm pregnant with raging hormones, dealing with a pizza face, constipation, and a not being to able to eat anything & everything that I desire. (Just dealing with constipation is more than enough reason for a person to have rage). I'll gain the weight. I have the back pain. I wake up several times in the middle of the night to pee. I have to go through labor and push a tiny human out of my yahoo. 

All he has to do is help me out by giving me what I want.

That's all!!

Easy enough. Right??

(God, please help me. We just entered the 2nd Trimester. I might be divorced by the time this baby is ready to come out. Let's avoid that. Please. Please help me. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d