Oh, how time flies when you don't want it to and just stands still when you want it to move along, as in finding employment.
I have no idea what the going rate on waiting for a decent full time job is. But so far, mine is coming to a year, sans luck. I'm wondering if its just Ohio (a rhetorical thought, of course), because I would have no problem finding something in Virginia. I know people in various fields and that's how people get hired. Your experience and education really doesn't cut it anymore.
Okay okay... I lied a little!! I did get a part time position with the attorney, that lasted about a minute. Okay, a week and 2 days. (I had to quit when Andres got his little pneumonia and viral stomach bug).
AND, I did get hired seasonally at JcPenny, that lasted another minute. Oshin convinced me that busting my ass for minimum wage, with a degree, is just ludicrous.
Is it?? I thought so too, kind of. It's not just me being snobby about it either. Oh okay, maybe a little. But damn it, I worked hard for my degree. As everyone else, who works and goes to school full time. We deserve to find a good job!! Isn't that why we're supposed to graduate high school and continue on to college to get a degree in order to attain a good paying job??
Nope. Not really.
In order to succeed (which I missed the memo on), we need to be utterly brilliant like Mark Zuckerberg and Sean Parker (just finished watching The Social Network, hence the names) create something like Facebook and out of nowhere become billionaires.
OR just make it big in acting, music, and sports. After all, that's what little kids are aspiring to become, now a days, why not us as well?
Oh, that's right, we've out grown that phase and got a little realistic when the bills started coming in. Which brings me back to settling for minimum wage when you need a pay check. You do what you have to do for income.
Fortunately, this family is doing ok with one salary. It is suffice, for now.
Just waiting for my BIG break to come along.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns