Saturday, January 8, 2011

CONFIDENCE

 What exactly is it? How can we obtain it? Can we loose it? Is confidence sexy? Questions I have been asking myself recently.

I like to consider myself as a confident woman of 29. But for some reason, having a child, has slightly diminished this confidence. Not just about my body, but in my way of thinking, and especially, raising my child. I am constantly questioning everything about myself in order to be the best possible mother for my son. What happened to that cool and confident, pre-baby 27 year old, who was strong in every aspect of her life?? Motherhood clearly changed that and I don't understand why, since it has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I attained a child, but lost something else in the midst. Why??

I just joined Femme Fatale Fitness (a women's gym with a variety of fitness classes: Zumba, P90 Express, Ballet Conditioning to Aerial, Pole Dancing, and Burlesque).

This gym strives to empower women by helping them boost their confidence. Of course, they are referring to body image. Now, I did not join this gym solely for the body confidence boost; I joined for a new and fun approach to working out. But I still wonder, if you are confident with your body image, will the other "confidences" fall into place??

In retrospect, confidence (for me) is a positive attitude, a mindset, a belief in oneself in every way possible, which in turn, protrudes all around us (like an aura). I strongly believe that confidence is confidence, no matter which way you word it. Confidence has various entities, which all correlate. Confidence is sexy. Confidence can come and go when life steps in (divorce/breakups, the birth of a child, loss of a loved one/job, etc). And confidence is something we all need to be mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d