Friday, January 14, 2011

Freudian slip

A good friend of mine called me from the City of Angels, a little while ago. He had seen one of my posts on Facebook, about the new 13th astrological sign, and was commenting on it. We continue our discussion and he was telling me about his life as an aspiring actor/model and his family in Virginia. His sister- in- law happens to be pregnant with her third child and I made a remark that he questioned. I JUST realized how horrible it was. Freudian slip perhaps?

I told him, "I don't understand how women like HER can continue to have children. She is a working mother, right?"

Did that seriously just come out of my mouth??

I have a lot of respect for working mothers. (Excuse me, mothers who work outside of the home).  I really do!! Their life is hectic and they can manage to juggle twenty things at once.
Heck, I am a stay-at-home mother with ONLY one child and I can barely manage to remember to pee or eat sometimes. AND I'm currently looking for a job. So I might be that working mother myself, one day soon.

Why would something like that slip out?

On the other hand, I have nothing against women having multiple children. I don't!!! To each their own.  My views do not have to be other people's views. I'm not like that. I guess I just don't understand what women are thinking when they decide to have another child, especially their third, fourth, and fifth.  Do they not remember how hard things are? The body changes, mood swings, lack of sleep, lack of time for oneself, etc, etc. Am I just that self absorbed that I value ME time, when I'm allowed?

 This comment I made still baffles me!!!

Maybe the issue is ME, not other women!! Yep... I'm pretty sure that's it. These women are more secure,  more compassionate, stronger willed, and definitely more patient than me.

Wow. The issue really IS me!!!
Whew... I'm glad I finally figured it out. The first step, realizing the problem, is always the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d