It's 2015 now!! Thanks be to God.
What's going on? A few of you might ask.
Well... From my understanding, the girl who stole Ezra's photo is no longer bothering me. I've had enough time to step away and cool down.
Is she still using my son's photo? Maybe.
Does it bother me? Yes & no. Yes, it bothers me, because that picture of Ezra belongs to me. That is MY son. But at the same time, I am praying for her. People like her have serious issues. And she needs a lot of help. The best I can offer is prayer. God has heard my cries, my anger, & my frustration and has found a way to console my furious heart.
I want to thank everyone who emailed me and offered their thoughts, prayers, and support throughout this ordeal. I'm going to leave it alone. For good. Now. (There's no need to get my blood pressure boiling again).
So, it's been a little over 38 months into my grief now. I've been in grief therapy for 2 1/2 of those years and I'm happy to announce that I only have 3 more sessions to go. I've come a long way. I can't believe it! The first year of grief was the absolute worst. For me. My therapist helped me through a lot.
Ezra's 3rd birthday was difficult for us, but we made it. My husband recently admitted that he didn't handle his grief the way he should have; he's currently undergoing counseling and medication, to help him with anxiety and difficulty sleeping. I'm proud of him for admitting he needed help. Bottling your grief and emotions does more harm than good, in the long run. (Remember that).
I've always been very open about my feelings and my pain. And I know I make some people uncomfortable, but guess what... I don't really care. I'm doing the best I can to handle MY heartbreak.
There's a saying that says, "grief lasts longer than sympathy." And let me tell you, it's true! Society is quick to turn their shoulder and expect the bereaved to "move on" for THEIR sake, not our own. It's sad. And yes, I'm even more saddened to admit I've had to endure people like this. Overall, my support system has been exceptional!!! I know I'm one of the lucky ones.
My rainbow baby girl will be turning 1 1/2 on the 27th of February. I tend to forget she's still a pre tot and only 1ish, because this girl of mine acts like she's 3. It's funny, but not.
My oldest son will be turning 6 years old in April. Wow!! Where does the time go? The interesting thing is, that in the midst of grief time can feel like it's standing still one minute and rushing past by the next. I have more good days than not. Now.
But seriously, not a day goes by where I don't think of Ezra. Think of milestones. And all the "what ifs." I can't help it. In the mean time, I am living my life. I take the good with the bad. And celebrate everything. I'm still working through my grief at the same time. Working on my faith as well. God and I have had a rocky relationship, but I don't think it's meant to be perfect. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns