This "preschool" is a Special Needs program/environment for kids with several different developmental
delays or challenges.
Andres' specific need is speech. He is not at par with most kids his age in the verbal department.
Am I worried?
Not really.
For we are a multi-language home and it takes a little longer for language skills to develop, sometimes.
Needless to say, his first day was very traumatic for both of us. (Okay, perhaps more for me).
Not only did he start preschool, but he rode the bus to & from school as well.
DOUBLE WHAMMY!!
Now, his "preschool" is Monday- Thursday from 9-11:30 a.m.
But with the school bus ride, he's away from me from 8:20 a.m.- 12:20 p.m.
![]() |
| Getting off the bus from his first day. No tears. |
But Oshin convinced me to give it a shot.
I'm sure many moms/parents to 2 1/2 year olds are questioning our parenting skills or
raising an eyebrow at us for doing this.
But to each their own.
Andres is a great vehicle traveler, for one.
Secondly, Oshin thought it would be a great break for me. I need as much rest as possible before Baby Ezra's arrival.
And thirdly, it would be an added benefit afterwards, for I would not have to leave the house in the cold winter months with a newborn.
Of course he cried while I was strapping him into his seat on the bus.
He was excited, but a little uneasy about leaving me. (Remember, I rarely leave him alone).
And I cried like a baby as soon as I walked into the quiet empty house.
I did not follow the bus like I was planning to.
BUT, I did drive over to the school 30 minutes later to check up on him.
I talked with his teacher and briefly saw him playing in the gym, without him noticing me.
I was more at ease.
![]() |
| 1st note from teacher |
This time I only cried a little bit and decided to CALL his teacher, instead of drive to the school.
She reassured me he was not crying and doing great.
Each day got a little better, I have to admit.
On day 4, Oshin put him on the bus because I was at the Labor & Delivery ward due to chest pain & breathing difficulties.
Oshin got a little teary eyed himself. He said Andres cried a bit, but was waving bye to him at the same time.
Even in the hospital, I had to call his teacher to check up on him and she reassured me he was perfectly fine.
My boy already has a little friend. A girl named Mackenzie.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns