Monday, October 10, 2011

5 days

I turn 30 in 5 days!!
photo Google images 
I'm excited!!
Nervous. Scared. Nostalgic.
Happy. Depressed. Terrified.
And anxious.

At first I thought it was just the pregnancy hormones interfering with my emotions,
but I think my brother is right.
It really is due to this BIG birthday coming up.

My 20's will officially be over & done with.
That chapter of MY  life story book will be closed.
Which is a great thing, 
but it still saddens me.

You see, 
for the longest time I have done exceptionally well at being alone.
Being independent.
Being exceptionally strong.
My 20's put me through so many ups & downs.
It gave me unbelievable strength and independence.
I learned to how to survive.

And yet it feels like I'm starting over, 
for I no longer yearn to be alone, independent, or strong.

(I probably make no sense).

Now that I'm "30" and have my own (growing) little family, I want to be surrounded by family & friends.
In my 20's & pre-family I did not.

Now that I'm "30" and have my own little family, I understand that I can't do it all by myself & that I need help.
In my 20's, I was determined to do it all on my own and prove the world wrong.

Now that I'm "30" and have my own little family, I understand that it's okay to be vulnerable. 
I do not always have to be the strong one.
In my 20's I HAD to be strong; being vulnerable was for the weak.

Oh how I have changed!!

Age & becoming a mother have changed me so.

There are soo many people I wish could be with me to celebrate this milestone birthday, but can't.
(They know who they are).

It really does feel like yesterday, I was celebrating my 20th birthday.

How time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d