We had a lovely time in Hampton Roads, Va.
The 9 hour car drive was not as bad as I thought.
Andres is a great traveler!!
On the way there, he was so calm, quiet, and sleeping so much, I almost forgot we had a 2 year old in the back seat. (No lie).
We did have one incident on the way back in West Va.
About 3 hours from home, Andres decided to make himself throw up, by sticking his entire fist in his mouth.
Oh joy!!
We were forced to pull over on the side of a dirt road to quickly clean him up & his car seat.
But it's good to be home.
With each trip/vacation you take, you always learn something, right?
I know I did.
This trip, I learned that non-parents & parents of non-toddlers have NO earthly idea how difficult and different life is with a toddler (at times).
Some of them might think they have a clue (like I once thought I knew), but nope.
It's entirely different when you're the parent and the toddler is your flesh & blood and with you 24/7.
All children are different.
YES!!
But for the most part, most toddlers are busy bodies.
I am constantly reminding myself and others, that Andres is not a bad child.
He's not bad.
He's just an active toddler. He's a little person experiencing life, learning to be independent, deciphering what he likes/doesn't like, etc, etc.
![]() |
| Andres "rock climbing" all by himself. |
Sometimes.
And then I am reminded of children like Iain, my good friend's 6 year old son who has Classic Autism and is not doing the things a "normal" 6 year old does. (I used to take care of Iain and his older brother, Ryan, who has Asperger's). She constantly reminds us that he does not say Mama or Papa to them, like Andres says to us.
![]() |
| Iain & Andres on a ride @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg |
We are blessed to have a busy body boy, who is curious, mischievous, fearless, and eager to get into anything in order to learn about everything.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns