Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mommy moment

I had one of those "OMG!! I can't believe I just did that" mommy moments yesterday!!

It was a very HOT day. 
So I decided to take Andres to the Boonshoft Children's Museum after naptime to beat the heat.

The temperature in my car seemed to stay at a steady 104 degrees on the way to the museum.
I was driving to the museum, hence the blurriness. 
For a few minutes, I actually saw it at 107.
On the way back home.
Needless to say, you get my point as to how HOT it was and how much one must stay hydrated. 

We get to the museum around 3:30 ish (they close at 5). The parking lot was packed, but I saw lots of people leaving.

Yes!! It was the perfect time to get there.

Andres had fun in a nice cool environment, while burning up some of that crazy energy of his.

Ten minutes till closing, I had to finally give in and dehydrate (pee).

We enter the bathroom; we were the only ones in there. 
I head for the biggest stall (since I just hate being crammed in those tiny stalls with my child. You know, the ones  that are so tight, he might as well be sitting in my lap while I pee). 
I put my bag on the hook (never the floor). 
Yes, I'm one of those germa-phobes!!

I sit down for relief. 
Not even 3 seconds later, Andres unlocks the door  and is about to head out of the stall to run amock in the bathroom. 
Or worse!!!
(Damn the très easy stall lock).

He could leave the bathroom and run amock in the museum, while I'm still trying to finish peeing. 
(A lot of damage can be done in mere seconds). 
Why just last week, at home, while I was peeing, Andres decided to get eggs out of the fridge & crack them on the living room carpet. 

I must stop him!! (Were my thoughts).

I panic!!

But finally get up from the seat, try to hold the rest of my urine, and quickly grab his hand with my left hand.

Well... 
I succeeded at grabbing his hand, 
but I did not succeed at holding my urine. 

As I sit back down to finish peeing (remember I'm 20 weeks pregnant) I see pee on the floor. 

GREAT!! 
I ended up peeing (a little) on the floor in order to grab his hand. 

(Oh well, no use in crying over pee on the floor). 

I finish my business without letting go of his hand. I even clean myself with the hand I had free. 
(It's amazing what you can do when you HAVE to). 

I clean up the pee. 
Then scrub my hands AND his hands CLEAN!!! 

Too much information for a Thursday morning? 

I just had to share it though!! 
We all have mommy moments like this, right??

What's yours?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d