It took me awhile to get a direct answer as to what "one of those moms" means.
But apparently, it is a mother who "eats, sleeps, breathes, blogs, post pics, constantly talks about & adores her child."
YES!!!
I guess I am one of those moms!!
Is it a bad thing?
I'm a stay-at-home mom for the time being. I'm engrossed with my child 24/7, #1 because I choose to be and #2 because it's MY job, and #3 I love my job!! (Granted, there are days I want to put my child up on Ebay or lock myself in the bathroom).
But I still LOVE my job and my child!!!
There are all kinds of moms out there.
To each their own, right?
All I know, is what I am and what I do not want for my child(ren).
So I strive to NOT be or turn into THAT (other) mother.
I don't ever want my child(ren) to feel abandoned, unloved, unimportant, unworthy, unwanted, un-special, burdensome, etc, etc.
I want to savor every moment with them as babies, toddlers, children, and teenagers, because before I know it, they will want their own independence and not want/need me as much.
I want to raise them into intelligent, creative, articulate, honest, kind, compassionate, hard working, well mannered, well rounded individuals. (This takes time and starts early on).
For years, I thought I was unable to have a child.
My life may not have been story book perfect (and follow a path like "most" are "supposed" to), but I'm happy the way things turned out for me.
I love my life!!
The path I took to get here, has taught me so much AND has made me learn to appreciate more.
And I definitely appreciate the gift of having a child & being a mom!!!
(I do not take this job lightly).
Do I need a little more time to myself? Perhaps.
Do I get frustrated and have bad days? Of course!!
Do Oshin & I need to go out on more dates? YES!!
(But we both agree and understand our responsibilities/ roles as parents).
We don't have family in the area, nor do we have many friends (or people that we're close enough to leave Andres with). With that being said, we're not just going to entrust our child(ren) with just anyone in order for us to go out. (Trust me, we've both had our hard partying days). Oshin strongly believes in only asking for a sitter for emergencies/ doctor's appointments, not for recreation.
(I diverted a bit).
But, it is what it is!!!
We love our wild child and make him a priority.
I have other dreams, goals, and aspirations, but for now, my child(ren) is my priority.
I will not always be a stay-at-home mom, so I'm taking it all in. Enjoying the good and the bad.
So I ask again, is it a bad thing to have become this mom?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns