Man does it suck!!
I know people might be tired of hearing the same thing from me, but it's my way of reminding myself about my "diet." And what I can, can not, or shall not eat.
This pregnant woman (me) was craving smores a few weeks ago.
![]() |
| photo source |
YES!! Which is why I was craving it. But did I cave in. NOPE!!
I chose to have a reduced fat "smores" granola bar. It was pretty good, but it left me still wanting the real thing. (Yes, it still contained sugar, but only 5 grams).
I've been craving donuts since Sunday. It's Oshin's fault really, he brought it up and it stuck with me like glue.
Last night I dreamt of cherry coke & donuts.
NO LIE!!
I can't recall, what exactly the cherry coke or donuts did, but I know they were calling me in my slumber.
Damn the luck!!
After some thought, I gave in. Andres & I went to the local donut shop. I only bought a half dozen of glaze donuts and some donut holes for "him."
Which brings me back to my point, the more you forbid yourself of something, the MORE you really want it. (At least in my opinion).
When you're pregnant you can't DRINK, you can't eat SUSHI, you're not supposed to eat lunch meat/tuna, you not supposed to drink COFFEE or REDBULL, etc, etc.
Some people/doctors will say okay to most of those things, as long as in moderation.
Then, you have the other half of people/doctors who will look at you and think you're an alcoholic if you have a glass of wine at a restaurant with your husband (speaking from experience with my first pregnancy).
I know I'm worried about getting gestational diabetes. I am!! That's why I'm trying so hard to stick with my plan.
But then throw in pregnancy cravings and I'm a mess.
What's a pregnant woman to do?? (Sigh).


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns