Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm back & PREGNANT!!!

After a few weeks of resting (literally), my energy levels have seemed to resume back to normal.


Hello, my name is Lala and I am PREGNANT with my second child!! (A few days shy of 11 weeks now).
I found out 2 weeks before Easter.

In the midst of my other medical problems (PCOS), this was kind of surprising to us. You see, the husband and I have been very wishy washy on trying to conceive again; I have not been on birth control for over 7 months. (I kept having bad reactions to IUD's and had to have 2 different ones removed). Basically, we were not trying to conceive, but not avoiding it either. (The complexity of it all).

BUT, getting pregnant is a blessing!! And despite the irregular cycles, God decided to bless me with child.

And here we are.

I've actually been blessed and have had only 1 ER visit and only a few days of bad morning sickness. And by bad, I mean throwing up stomach acid and not necessarily food. (Yuck).

My energy was non-existent. Poor Andres has been stuck indoors watching way too much television than I would want him to.

But, c'est la vie!! 


I'm really looking forward to December. My due date is December 7th.

I don't know why I kept thinking that I would not be excited, but after seeing my little peanut in a "real" ultrasound (I've had 2 previous ultrasounds, but they never really let me see the baby. It was just a quick check for signs of miscarriage). I fell in love!!  Again, I'm weird. I just thought 1sts are more exciting than 2nds or 3rds, get it??
Baby is measuring 10 weeks (9 weeks 6 days)
I have appointments once a week, for the next two weeks to monitor ovaries, baby, and glucose levels. With PCOS, I have a higher chance of getting gestational diabetes.

I've really been watching my diet. It's hard, but I'm doing my best. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant and crave sweets (smores, donuts, cake, etc).

Prayers for a healthy pregnancy & baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d