Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two sisters

He was laughing but stopped for the camera.
Today, two sisters (ages 27 & 13 months old) made me want to have another baby!!!

Such sweet little girls, they are. Easy going and girlie, in comparison to my rough and tumble 22 month old son.

Andres enjoys loves their company!! He's not used to having kids his age come over to our house that often, much less being around girls.

In my opinion, there really is a difference between the two genders. I have a boys boy on my hands!! He loves cars, trains, climbing, jumping, and is mischievous.  These girls are quite the opposite. Night & day I tell you.

Their calmness was not my main reason for wanting another baby. It was the way they treated each other, that caught my eye and profoundly touched my heart.

The two of them possessed  a gentleness, a care for one another, that is the result of being siblings/sisters. The oldest one was eager to soothe & comfort her younger sister, by helping her stand up, giving her a toy beyond her reach, sharing a snack. The youngest would show her gratitude & appreciation by hugging her older sister, patting her head, or touching her hand. It was beyond cute!! 

The more I think about it, the more I am coming to terms that I DO want Andres to have a sibling.
I can not allow for him to be an only child.
BUT, I'm still scared and unsure as to when.

Perhaps I am OVER analyzing this second baby thing? Perhaps I SHOULD just let God allow for it to happen, should that be his plan? 

But...

I still feel this decision should not be taken lightly. I have to be 100% sure of what I'm getting myself into again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d