Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Real Housewives of

This past week I received my latest edition of ELLE magazine & the spring catalog for WHITE HOUSE/ BLACK MARKET. (I'm not quite sure where my brain was, when I subscribed to ELLE). While I love clothes, purses, shoes, and accessories, I'm not at a point of my life where I can afford the designer things that I see in it.

BUT, it's not just a matter of not being able to afford those brand name items; it's a matter of practicality for my current lifestyle, city, or environment.

I'm a stay- at- home wife and mom living in Dayton, Ohio.

Yes.

Ohio.

Not New York City or Orange County, California (where my husband is from) like those "Real" Housewives shows on BRAVO.

Wearing something like this (see photo below) to go grocery shopping, a playdate, or a MOPS meeting is just not typical. (If I did other moms would probably look at me like, "Who does she think she is" or something like that. Right)?
While I absolutely love this outfit from WH/BM, it's not ideal.
If I worked, I could wear this outfit!!! (Part of me is ready to work in order to dress UP more). 

I could probably get away with wearing something like this to church, a date with the hubby, or a girl's night out. 
That's about it!!

The necklace & shoes are FABULOUS!!! My son would love it too!!! He would pull that necklace from my neck, wrap around in it, or wrap his fingers in it more times than I would care to count; resulting in him breaking it or me just taking it off (should it survive).
Now, walking (for more than a few hours), let alone running after an almost 2 year, in those heels is not going to be pretty for moi!! (Although, it does make for a great leg/calve workout. I now have an idea for Spring).

The blouse & trousers are DIVINE!!! The black shirt might live to see another day. But the khaki color trousers would not remain that color for more than an hour. Tops!!! They would end up with stains/ spots from his messy hands, boogers, crayons, or bowel movements.

It's a little sad.

I would love to get back to having nice things and dressing nicely, but it's just not feasible right now.

I have a little man who rules my world. Who limits my showers to 10 minutes max, if he's awake. (Washing my hair and shaving my legs must be completed in this time frame). Or I must wake up at 6 a.m. before he rises.

I have a little man who limits my wardrobe to comfort and functionality.

But, I have a little man who is the light of my life and makes me utterly happy, more than words can describe.

So for now, I'm good with just looking at these nice clothes in ELLE and White House/ Black Market catalogs.
I'm okay with seeing those supposedly Real Housewives (all done up) on tv. It's a temporary outlet.
What's yours??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d