Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grey reality

 Today, the blasted 'mirror mirror on the wall' just had to tell me I was no longer the fairest of them all. (By fairest, I mean young). This mirror revealed to me my very first Grey hair!!!!

It's long and shiny in the light. Ugh!!!
Gasp.

Sigh.

Tears.

That was the order in which my 20 something world came tumbling down. 

For some, this might not be a big deal. But for me, it has been. I'm still trying to compose myself.

My little brother and sister are trying to slightly console me.  My brother is telling me Grey hair is distinguished, to look at George Clooney.
Well Buddy, he's a man, not a woman, for starters. And aging is not that big of a deal for men. I hate that!!! (That's an entirely different blog topic).
While my sister is telling me to be proud of myself AND my age!!! That 30 is the new 20.

Perhaps.

But I'm not seeing it like that at this very moment. 

You see for me, this grey hair appearing on my set of hair at age 29 is reminding me that I am no longer going to be in that 20 something mark of women. (You know, like when you do surveys and they ask for your age group. They have 18-24, 24-29, then its just 30+, 40+ , etc, etc).

Aging should not be a bad thing!! I really should embrace it and look forward to "maturing." (Part of me actually does, to tell the truth). It's the part which you start showing visible signs of the actual AGING thing, that freaks me out!!! (If that makes sense).

First, it's my skin problems. Then, it's my metabolism/weight issues. Now, it's grey hair(s). What's next?? Wrinkles and loose skin??

Oh joy!!! 

When we are younger, we can't wait to grow up!!! But once we've grown up, we don't want to age anymore. It's a vicious cycle.

I'll get over this, I'm sure. I just have to head on over to my hair salon to get my hair colored, so the grey hair(s) will not be noticeable.

Dying my hair is not for fun anymore. It's out of necessity. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d