Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who wants to be a Supermom?

Before I became a mom I said I would NEVER do the following:
  1. Let myself go. (Just because I would be a mom, doesn't mean that I have to look like crap when I'm home or step out of the house). 
  2. Let my entire house become my child's play area. (I would not let my child leave toys, food, spilled milk/juice all over the place, as I had seen in other houses with kids).
  3. Let my baby use a pacifier. 
  4. Give my baby formula. (I was set on breastfeeding only). 
  5. Let my child watch more than 30 minutes of television.
These are only a few of MANY things I said I would never do (I just can't remember the rest).

Ask me if I stayed true to my words?? 
 
And it's not that I did not try. I did!!! I just realized I was too tired to force myself to be someone else's idea of perfect or one of those Supermoms!!

Ahhh yes... who doesn't want to be known as a Supermom, in a way??

The one who looks fabulous at all hours of the day, whose house is impeccable, who bakes/cooks everyday (even on the weekends).
The one who does it all, PERFECTLY,  like the textbooks and magazines recommend. 

Not me!!

I gave up on trying to be perfect.
 There's no such thing as perfection, really. Since everyone has a different view on what perfect is.

I just DO what I feel is right, for me and my family!!  I do all I can to make my husband and son happy. (I try to, at least).

My friend Mary said it best on Facebook. "The fact that you do what you do NOT to be a supermom, but, because it gives you pleasure to please Oshin and to teach Andres about variety, THAT is what makes you super."

We are all SUPER moms if we do our best and are happy at the end of the day!!


So, let us tell other moms they are SUPER too!!! It's one of the most wonderful compliments that a mom can receive. Especially in the midst of chaos.

2 comments:

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d