* I got this from another blogger, thanks Whispering Writer. (You might recall it from Glamour magazine).
Hey, it's okay...
- To sometimes bargain with your toddler/child.
(Andres was a little fussy & restless during nap time yesterday. He was refusing to sleep, even though Mama knew he was tired. So, I told him after his nap we would go outside and play. Sure enough, five minutes later, my boy was knocked out!! AND sure enough, after his snack, he got both of our shoes by the door ready to go out in the 95+ degree at 3 p.m. heat).
- With the above being said... To dread going outside in the summer heat.
(I am not a fan of the heat!! And yet, I was born & raised in Houston, Texas. That's right!! Home of humidity and 100+ degree heat. BUT I promised Andres. And this Mama keeps her promises. So we went for a walk around the block and decided to play in the backyard for a bit).
 |
| Traditional water table play is so 2010 Mama!!! |
- To have put your foot down regarding dishes AND finally see some results.
(I did not touch one single dish this past weekend. There was a pile on Saturday & the hubby took it upon himself to unload the dishwasher and put the dirty ones in. FINALLY!!! And did the same thing Sunday afternoon. He did this while taking a break from changing the brake pads & rotors to my car. I never heard a single word of complaint. Hallelujah)!!!
- To go ahead and let your toddler/child have a TV in their room.
(Andres has officially been moved into the bigger front room, while baby #2 will take his old room. This bigger room was our guest/play/TV room. So there is still an entertainment center in there. We plan to get a wall mount for the TV & DVD to keep it out of Andres' reach and so that
we can control when he can or can not watch it. Some mothers are probably rolling their eyes at me or talking about my horrible parenting decisions, letting a two year have a television in their room, but it is what it is. I've never been completely for it, but I'm not against it either. We don't want to get rid of the TV and have no room for it elsewhere. It's staying put).
 |
photo: Google images
It's an older tv, so it will look something like this. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns