A Chinese buffet, to be exact.
This family does not do buffets!! We go every blue moon, but it was Oshin's idea.
At the restaurant, while I was eating my dungeness crab, Andres was busy playing/working on his chopstick technique.It was the cutest thing!!
He got frustrated because he could not use the chopsticks like I showed him. After some time, he finally gave up and just stabbed the food to put in his mouth. Hunger wins!
On the ride home, my baby boy fell fast asleep. (All that strenuous chopstick activity). I undress him, change his diaper, and put him to bed.
Oshin and I watch Made in Dagenham and have some Armenian tea.
10:30 p.m. rolls around and we're ready for bed. (It was a crazy Friday night).
In an instant I was out.
All of a sudden, I hear, " Mama!! Mama. Mama."
Am I dreaming? Are those crab legs calling me in my dreams??
I sit up and see Andres at the foot of the bed. (We have a bench type ottoman there, which he usually climbs up to get on the bed, but this time he didn't).
He came to my side of the bed instead. I quickly look at the clock; it's 3:00 a.m. on the dot.
I get up and pick him up, when I realize my baby is wet!! (His diaper leaked).
We go back to his room so I can change him and the sheets.
The whole time, I'm thinking about how much my baby has grown and how he handled this situation like a little boy.
He did not scream or cry.
He got up. Opened his door. Walked across the hall to our room and called for me.
He did not climb onto our bed wet, but just waited.
If that doesn't say "I'm a big boy" I don't know what does!!!
I was very impressed, but saddened too!!
He's not a baby anymore.
He's learning to use chopsticks for goodness sake.
Wow!!
In 15 days he will be TWO years old. Where does the time go?
And who knew that a leaky diaper & chopsticks would lead to such profound thinking at 3 in the morning?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns