Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Facebook for Lent

Those two words, Facebook and Lent should not be in the same sequence. It just sounds weird!!

I decided to give up something very difficult for lent this year.

Yep, Facebook!! 
 I am quite addicted to it, to tell the truth. I use it all the time, especially to pass the time. I 'Facebook' more than I Blog. (Yep, it's a verb now). 

To keep in touch with family and friends (all across the United States, Mexico, Italy, Spain, and Germany). To post pictures and crazy status' about Andres. To schedule playgroups and play dates. To order products. To discuss bible study groups. To schedule social events. Etc. Etc.

I was getting ready for mass this morning and Oshin was asking me what I was going to give up for lent. (My husband is agnostic, by the way, and I have to inform him quite often about Catholic holy days. But he happened to remember that it was the Ash Day and you had to give something up). So, he suggested soda and mayonnaise. 

I thought about it for a minute and decided to pass, when Facebook entered my mind.

As soon as I went downstairs, I wrote on my Facebook status that I was heading to mass and giving up Facebook for lent, goodbye until Easter.

That was it!!

I didn't think about anything else.

I didn't think about all those people who don't have my phone number or email address and I'm suppose to meet Friday morning. I didn't think about the Avon lady, who I only contact via Facebook, and meeting on Friday afternoon to pick up my order. Nope. Not at that moment.

I had to quickly sneak online and pass my email and phone number out to those people.

You see how bad it is?? You see why giving up Facebook is hard, but a good idea?? 

Wish me luck!!! (I'm going to need it). But I plan to give it my ALL and follow through until Easter.

What are YOU giving up??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments, questions, or concerns

d