I have been in the mood for HOOTERS wings, curly fries, & oysters for a few months now. We have not been able to find one close enough for us to go, and I usually just forget about my cravings.
But tonight, I decided to make my own "Hooters" style meal for dinner. I made Buffalo Chicken (breast tenderloins), baked potato wedges , celery & blue cheese (ranch for my husband and son).
| I even brought out the "fine" china for this meal. |
The buffalo chicken would have been too, IF you could get past the burning mouth, coughing, and itching of the throat. (We had to open the kitchen window to let air circulating because the buffalo hot sauce was THAT strong. And let me tell you, it's freezing outside).
So, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong?
I use Cooking Light & My Recipes all the time. I love them!! Their "spicy" foods usually aren't that spicy to us. This buffalo chicken recipe calls for Crystal hot sauce . I could not find that, so I used Louisiana hot sauce. Same thing? Close enough, right?
Perhaps not. This chicken was TOO spicy for this Mexican/Armenian family who love spicy foods.
My husband said, "You can't win them all."
I guess he's right.
| Luckily, my Green Tea/ Peach Mango Crystal Light helped quench the fire in my mouth!!! |
*I'm not an endorser for any of these products. But, we could talk ;-)
Hi, I followed you on google from www.madamedeals.com. I hope you follow me back. Thanks : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Amee. I have ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi thanks for the follow! I'm now following you back from http://learningtolivemybestlifein365days.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteI love making things buffalo flavored. I tend to really like the Franks, Texas Pete, and our store (Kroger) brand the best... very hot but still doable! I actually just saw a Hooters brand recently but I haven't tried it!
Thanks. I enjoy your blog.
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention it... I was going to get the Hooters sauce, but decided against it. (One should always go with their first instinct).