Kind of.
He was playing with his girl friends (like every Thursday) and found one of the girls' head bows to be fascinating.
It had fallen off her hair and he was trying to help put it back on her, but she refused his assistance. (My son the gentleman already).
Well... if she didn't want it, he did!! So he asked me to "help him please" (in sign language) and I did!!!
| He was trying to keep it from falling. |
What a cutie pie!! (He is cute regardless).
| He was running around the living room, didn't want to give it back. |
Obviously, he is a boy not a girl so "society" will frown upon seeing a boy with a bow on his head (waiting to hear my husband's reaction on this too).
I could care less really!! I know that putting a bow on his head is not going to affect him. (There are arguments out there claiming it can).
And if it does or did, I still could care less!!!
My son is my son regardless. I will LOVE him no matter what path he chooses in life. (Forgive me on my choice of words. Choose is not necessarily the correct term. Being gay, for one, is not something you just wake up one day and choose to be, like picking out a pair of shoes or choosing a pet).
Do I have a path I want him to kind of follow?
YES!!
But that doesn't mean I will force him to be something he's not. (Again, should something in the future come up regarding his mate preference, transgender way of dress, etc).
For now, I'm letting him be the curious boy that he is and play with dolls, pink chairs, kitchen sets, and bows should he want to. (My grandmother was shocked that I had bought him, a boy, a kitchen set for Christmas, since it's for girls only).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns