
Happy 2011!! Our New Year's Eve was low key, but very nice. We had a late dinner at our favorite Turkish restaurant, Pasha's Grill. They had a belly dancer, which Andres was fascinated with. It was cute!
Leaving the restaurant we saw three different groups of people heading to the bar/club and a hint of nostalgia hit me. I included Oshin in my thoughts and we start reminiscing of the times when New Year's Eve was this huge night of celebration for us, when we were both single & mingling. Some of the details might have been a tad bit fuzzy, but I know I always had a great time out with friends. Ahhh... to be in my early 20's again (the soon to be 30 person in my head thought). Then I returned to the present and kissed Andres on the cheek as I put him into his car seat. I really did enjoy my days of being youngER and single, but I would not trade my current position for anything.
I am ready for an amazing new year!!! With luck, I will find a decent, if not great job, in order to start paying all my student loans, loose 10-30 pounds, (perhaps)get pregnant with baby #2, and turn 30. (The baby thing is still in the air though, and it scares me a little more than turning 30). But, we will see. I always start the new years with soo many plans, expectations, and goals AND to no one's fault but my own, never seem to accomplish all the items on my list. I hope this year will be different. NO. It WILL be different. I will be 30, time to get serious, right???
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your comments, questions, or concerns